NOTE: Currently, I’m accepting chamber commissions with delivery dates from October 1, 2023-September 30, 2024 and large ensemble commissions with delivery dates from December 1, 2023-September 30, 2024. I also will be limiting my professional music work from June 15-September 30, 2023 (save a few outstanding pre-contracted projects), so I’ll be slower to respond to inquiries submitted during that timeframe.
I accept commissions for performers and ensembles of all skill levels. My rates typically vary by duration, instrumentation, deadline, and use—a thirty-minute multi-movement commission for orchestra is more labor-intensive than a two-minute piece for two performers. That said, I enjoy working with students, ensembles, directors, philanthropists (if that’s your thing), and educators, and I’m happy to explore options if you’re on a limited budget. To submit an inquiry and begin the commission process, fill out the interest form below. After it submits, I’ll be in touch via email to schedule a video (or audio) call to discuss your needs and desires in more depth. We’ll also talk budget and work to create the right piece for your parameters.
Please note that due to demand and my own creative schedule, I may (but do not always) require a six-month minimum period in which to create your piece. This varies from project to project, but I encourage you to reach out with as much advance notice as possible so we have the most flexibility as I craft you something cool.
A sampling of works performers and directors have commissioned me for:
- whispers i & ii, commissioned by Connor Johnson.
- uncharted, commissioned by Caitlin Krueger.
- Pushing Back, commissioned by Spark Duo.
- Helios, commissioned by Alex Wilson.
- LETTING GO (off the cliff), commissioned by John Pisaro.
- Zero G, commissioned by Garrett Klein.
- silhouettes, commissioned by Willis Dotson and Jared Jarvis.
- Your Mouse God is Dead, commissioned by Ian Stahl and John Pisaro.
- He Probably Just Likes You, commissioned by the Nash Composers’ Coalition.
- Red Light Horizon (big band version), commissioned by Santa Teresa High School Jazz Band I.
Want to team up with other performers or ensembles and create a new piece at lower individual cost? Check out my consortium information here. If you’re invested in a solo commission but on a tighter budget than you’d like, check out the discounts I’m offering over on my Patreon.