Paid consultation (60min)
I offer consulting sessions in one-hour increments regarding a wide variety of my areas of expertise. Book below!
I am available for consulting work regarding a variety of areas of my expertise. I generally charge for work that involves a great deal of emotional labor and work that requires more than an hour of preparation. I offer consulting sessions in one-hour increments; if we reach the end of a session and you wish to schedule another, you are free to do so. If I am unable to continue working with you for reasons not outlined in my cancellation policy (below), any forthcoming sessions will be canceled and you will be refunded for paid sessions that have not yet occurred.
I am available to consult in the following subject areas:
- Sexual assault and rape culture
- Queer identities and queer theory, including appropriate (and developing) terminology, various axes of oppression within queer communities, gender marginalization, and trans rights in the United States (I also have a limited working knowledge of trans rights in the UK)
- Queerphobic and sexist abuses of power in postsecondary education
- Compassionate language, including through copyediting and public relations
- Institutional policy analysis, especially regarding the treatment of marginalized constituencies and laborers
- Experimental brass techniques
- Performance ethics, audience and performer safety during rehearsals and performance, and creating and staging art that deals directly or indirectly with traumatic subjects
- Abusive private teachers, particularly at the postsecondary level
If you would like my assistance with subject matter that is not on the above list, use my Contact form to get ahold of me. If I’m comfortable with it, I’ll give you the go-ahead to book a session. When you book your session, please write in the Notes field what you would like me to work with you on.
If you have any questions or are unsure at any point, please drop me a line! I’d love to talk with you and hopefully ease your fears before you book. After your order, you will receive a message with a link to schedule your meeting.
If payment has not been processed and received by 48 hours prior to the meeting, it will be cancelled. If I am unable to make our meeting due to unforeseen circumstances, I will let you know as soon as possible and contact you within a week to reschedule (barring a significant loss of means of contact, like prolonged health issues or sustained technology/communication disruptions).
Meetings cancelled by the client less than 24 hours before will not be refunded.
I reserve the right to leave a session at any time if I feel my safety is threatened. Likewise, I reserve the right to discontinue sessions for any reason, and I am not obligated to disclose such reasons. Should I discontinue sessions at any time, temporarily or permanently, I will offer full refunds for any paid sessions that have not yet occurred.